Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Exercise 8/24 to 8/26

Friday I had a very good run. Just 3 miles so I tried to run under 30 minutes. (Garmin Data) I just barely finished in time but definetly felt good throughout and no lingering pain after.

Saturday was supposed to be a nice long 50 mile bike but we got rained out 7 miles in. The weather cleared later but I think we made the right call to bail (Garmin Data).

Sunday was scheduled for a 7 mile run but the day sort of got away from me and it was pretty hot so I wound up going at 8 PM under a big nearly full moon. It was fantastic (Garmin Data). I felt fine throughout and kept my HR right where I wanted it. I had to slow gradually as I progressed but it was the longest run I have done probably since the half marathon back in Dec. of 2005. The wife and the boy were very nice to bring me water at a couple of points along the way. I listened to a Bill Simmons podcast about football statistics and a This American Life '24 hours at the golden apple'. I liked both and am going to stick with my old policy of 3miles or less gets music on the ipod, 3 miles or more gets an audiobook or podcast. I could have gone further without any trouble and had my HR back under 100 in about 10 minutes. I feel good and am going to sign up for the marathon this week.

I know you are waiting with baited breath to know how my nipples fared. I used some product and they were fine, no issues at all.

1 comment:

G$ said...

I was looking through your long run Garmin data. Don't you agree that hills suck!?