Monday, August 20, 2007

Tell me again, why do I have nipples?

Garmin Data

I have not run 5 miles in a very, very long time. I'm pretty happy with how I felt during and after this run. The retarded dog got loose and followed me for the first 1.5 miles so I had to turn around and chase him home and then pick up another mile out and mile back going the other direction. He walks in the middle of the street and is a bad training partner because I keep having to either chase him back home or out of the street so as not to get killed.

It was overcast and threatening to rain which was perfect because it stayed cool throughout the run. I had no problems with my lower legs after a couple of long stretching sessions during the day. I could easily have done more distance as I was not winded at all. I think I should pick up the pace on my 3 mile runs during the week because my fitness is pretty good right now and it will probably speed me up a little. I'm still not worried about time, just about completing the distances and I'm on pace for my modified version of Hal's Novice Marathon Training Plan. I need to find a way to show my workout plan online because I have running, swimming and biking goals all mixed in there. Next week's long run is 9 miles, that is a big jump from 5 and I may smooth out the mileage increase over the next couple of weeks

Anyway, the nipple thing. I have never had a nipple chafing issue until the tail end of this run. Stupid G$ mentioned this (nipguards) product a few days ago and I replied that I had never had that problem. I obviously should have kept my mouth shut. I'm going to experiment with different shirts, this one was drifit but not one I had run in before. Stupid vestigial organs.

2 comments:

G$ said...

"I told you so"

Julio said...

Let me recommend using BodyGlide. It is the thing you use to put on your feet to prevent blisters, you can put it on your nipples. I have used it and it works for me.