Thursday, May 19, 2005

Things that amused me this week

I know you are thinking.....don't you ever work? 3 posts in 1 day?!?! The answer of course is that no, I don't work very much. I am practicing an art form called 'Delegation'. Its quite good and I recommend you all get an army of unthinking minions and sycophants whose only purpose in life is to serve your whims.

Of course none of that is actually true and I simply noticed that the other 2 posts I stuck as draft and simply forgot to publish.

A phrase that keeps popping up in my days spent surfing 'metric crapload' to refer to a whole lot of something. If you Google it you will find people not only advocating its use but debating its strict definition and dimensions.

I am really enjoying Boing Boing(the RSS feed in particular). The random little tidbits there while occasionally quite geeky are often great.

Longbet.org is also an interesting concept. I know have a place to record my predictions and wager on them.

Somehow I stumbled on this site by an Aussie kid (teenager I think) living and traveling in the US. Granted the writing isn't great and its a little dated but its amusing to see the US through a foreigner's eyes who allegedly speaks the same language as us. Its a long read but my favorite part is when he questions the sanity of eating something called 'breakfast sausage'. If only could go back in time and help him. Good greasy breakfast sausage is not findable in Sweden, I miss it terribly.

Simmons had a kid and was offline for a while but is back now and saying something about a white, Canadian guy winning the MVP. I know I have been gone a while and haven't watched the NBA much but are Canadians taking over as the dominant force in the NBA now? Do we get to have the fast twitch/slow twitch type debates now about maple syrup or something? What does Dusty Baker think? I kinda don't think its true so to whoever has taken over Simmons column, you are not funny. Stop it.

He had a link to an old mailbag question that I really liked (DeNiro vs. Pacino). When he jumps off sports and goes pop culture I want all his articles to be this one.

No comments: