Monday, May 23, 2005

Music around the house

This is gonna be a technical post in the Home Entertainment Category. For the audio people in the audience please help out.

The Sonos system is what I am looking at right now for use in the new house. More on the new house next up. This would of course be crazy expensive (I think about 2K to start) to setup fully but I am thinking something like getting a 3.5 Zone system.

Zone 1 = Kitchen
Zone 2 = Great Room (just relay here as I would hook into the existing speakers here)
Zone 3 = Pool / BBQ

The unit outputs 50 W to the speakers. Is that good enough for 2 speakers? I have no idea if 50W is enough to listen to loud music or power Marty McFly's car. Need some frame of reference for this.

I don't really understand the subwoofer thing. If I am putting 2 or 4 speakers outside for the pool/BBQ area do I need a Sub-Woofer?

2 comments:

G$ said...

I am not a sonos employee, so I say, why not just run some good wire from your media room to the porch and kitchen?

Dan said...

Chris,
Where are you publishing this thing where all these people get to it? Freaking w3 hyperlinking standard gestapo Norweigan pop fans, people who work for the companies you comment on, and then some other dude posting gibberish a spot down.