Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Training Run #1

Running hurts and it sucks. I ran 2.5 miles today, the first time I have been running in months and it was painful the whole way. My cardio was fine, I never got over ~155 which is as the Mythbuster guys always say....the 'butter zone'. But my shins were killing me, specifically the inside part of my shin where it appears to be only bone and no muscle. I know it will pass once I go for a while but I just want to be on record as anti-running.

Marathon here I come.

Week
Bike Miles
Run Miles
Swim Miles
Basketball Hours
1 (7/16 - 7/22)
40
0
0
2
2 (7/23 - 7/29)

2.5

2





Total
40
2.5

4

3 comments:

G$ said...

I don't want to be "that Guy" with all the negativity.

But.

You have become quite the bike rider. You have demonstrated competence in difficult situations. You have shown the ability to go long distances at a time. And you are preparing for the El Tour de Tucson. This is all good stuff. I think we can agree you are no Lance Armstrong though.

You may recall that he ran a Marathon last year. This is what he had to say:
"that was without a doubt the hardest physical thing I have ever done" and "I think I bit off more than I could chew".

I'm just not sure the timing is right. Just saying.

Unknown said...

I see what you are doing there, this is like one of them reverse psychology deals. Also your buddy Lance was trying to finish in under 3 hours or some nonsense like that. I intend merely to finish the same day + or - that I start.

G$ said...

No reverse about it.

And yes, he finished in 3 hours.