Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Training Ride 7/17

Rode the Colossal Cave out and back (link) today with Chill and Big D. Great weather and a really nice ride. I didn't know the exact distance we were riding and set an arbitrary 1 hour goal for myself on the outbound leg. Finished in 1:01:01 so not bad considering we went about .6 miles past where we should have. I didn't keep track on the way back but its much faster being mostly downhill, we averaged 30 mph for a big chunk of it between Camino Loma Alta and where the road turns north out of Rincon Creek. Feeling like a tough guy I passed an old guy who got on Old Spanish Trail at Camino Loma Alta and pretended to be polite saying 'Good Morning' as I blew past him on the big downhill. Apperantly Chill did and said the exact same thing right behind me and it was all wonderful until he passed and totally dropped me on the hill coming out of Rincon Creek. I'm a total noob on the bike and days like this help me remember that.

The new Garmin 305 (link) w/ Cadence (link) and Bike Mount (link) arrives today so I'll be able to post some detailed maps with all the good data along for future rides along with a review of the 305.


Week
Bike Miles
Run Miles
Swim Miles
Basketball Hours
1 (7/16 - 7/22)
28


2










Total
28


2

1 comment:

G$ said...

Did the old guy say "Good Morning" when he passed you too?