Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Infinite Summer - Uncountable

Obviously I gave up on the blog posts viz. the reading. It was easy on the days that I was reading near a computer but this time through I've been reading on the Iphone Kindle and the bookmarks feature is 'ok' but frankly not great so I've resorted to some brief notes in the notes app marking the kindle location and some nonsense words. The notes are obvioulsy just for me.

I wonder how old you need to be to read the book, I think I am about the same age now as DFW was when he wrote the book and while I don't think there is a mid-life crisis as such there is a sense of grown-upness, maturity and seriousness about what things mean and what is important.

I have read alot of books and this is one of the very few book that affected me, literally spoke to me directly. In a way that is almost uncomfortable but so fantastically good, I honestly can't talk all that much about it.


The remaining notes.

7385

Marathe on USA vulnerable, ashamed re: belief

Gaudemeus Igatur

"How do trite things get to be trite? The truth is not just un but anti interesting"

8596 She wanted only tall cold bottles that spoke of proof

8726 special children's second world of chairlegs and tile that exists under long tablecloths
8833. Lamont chu and fame "The truth will set you free. But not until is is finished with you."

8839 escape from a cage requires awareness of cage

Post storm sad

8851 Lyle tells Blott not to let the weight he would pull to himself exceed his own personal weight.

8867 warm and close

10119 Old fish asking young fish how's the water

10142 Vapider the cliche the sharper canines of truth

He has that rare spinal appreciation for beauty.....those without native words

11319 my fathers mood filled a room

11470 ubrippable fabric

You are what you walk between

14961 clattering bleachers

We are more perceptive re: our lovers family than our own

25171 hot showers and toilets

25317 16s are strange

25493 endnote 337 hamlet graveyard scene

19450 Radiated vulnerability

20400 Black Nurses

No comments: