Sunday, August 14, 2005

This American Life

So I spend alot of time here in Sweden playing poker. The only way not to go insane from boredom (as the cable is very spotty w/ regard to decent programming) while playing is to have some background sound on. I have always liked the radio show from NPR called "This American Life" (link)and am now working my way through all the old archives. If you have never heard the show, its very NPR and certainly not for everyone.

Here are a couple of my favorites but there are a million good things in there.

Fiasco - The section about the play at the beginning is awesome.

Christmas - Playing the Sedaris story from this episode is part of my strict Christmas routine. I think its in one of his books also.

Babysitting - Top to bottom a good episode

Lessons - Act 4 specifically the record from Helen Gurley Brown is sort of amazing.

Music Lessons - Act 2 is my favorite. I think it captures that weird sub-culture of high school bandism.

The House by Loon Lake
- I think I first heard this one real late at night and got totally wrapped up.

No comments: