Thursday, April 07, 2005

Oslo Continued

#2 tells me that Norwegians are kookoo for pizza. Can't get enough of the stuff. He claims that Norwegians eat more pizza per capita (parenthetically did you even think there was such a statistic? It makes me wonder what other knowledge exists without my permission). He tells this with a touch of pride.

The pizza place we went to for lunch was call Dolly Dimple's (not sure if it was possesive or plural dimples) and fully 1/3 of the pizzas had 'nachos chips'. I agonized over whether this was french fries or American chip chips. Turns out it was like a really thin corn tortilla chip and is quite popular as a topping. This is the beauty of finding new places. They eat chips on their pizza. Not that its important but the pizza was delicious. Go to Norway, get a pizza with chips, jalapenos and extra cheese (cheddary and burnt to be crispy) and see if I am a liar.

A word about #2. He is 34 and wears odd clothes. I wish I knew if he was Euro fashionable or just flaky. He shaves his head down to stubble (loads of Norwegian guys have this look, it might be genetic) and has rosy, ruddy cheesks (totally genetic, more so in guys than girls). Medium build, 6' maybe a tad less. His clothes make me think of a 60s/70s record promoter that would have been on the Monkees TV show. Not sure how good a leader he will be in the martial sense but hopefully we are past the stage of the project requiring it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's a nubian?