Thursday, September 13, 2007

Didn't Have to Use My AK...

Pretty heavy exercise load this week. Starting with the Sunday ride that really wiped me out, Monday for recovery, Tuesday for basketball in a new city league, Wednesday a nice relaxed 5 mile run in the cool evening, more basketball tonight, off Friday and a 10 mile run Saturday.

Last night's run was good, but slow. I still can't manage what my percived vs. actual pace is. I really thought I was going faster than normal for the first 2 miles and didn't even look at the watch to confirm. Turns out I did the whole thing averaging 11:20 pace but finished a little faster than I had started. My heart rate stayed in the nice 150 zone the whole way and was back under 100 about 7 minutes after I ended the run and was walking to cool down. I feel great for the 10 miler this weekend but will definitely not try to go any faster pace doing that distance.

Actually it was a great day overall, I finished some work stuff up that is getting me closer to being able to move on to do another project, made > $200 playing online poker, took my son out for lunch to a Mongolian BBQ place my wife hates, made a simple but great dinner (sautéed a whole cut up chicken and made a red wine reduction from the brown bits plus some roasted vegetables) and had a good run listening to Bill Simmons interview Steve Kerr (easily UA's best alum). I even ate a bowl of ice cream which I never do. The point is, its one of those days when you get to the end and think...the only thing missing from today was beer.

1 comment:

BigChill said...

Let me just say that the tile of this post was not lost on me. I can always appreciate a good Ice Cube reference...truly. And frankly, although I am not surprised, I am impressed. As a card carrying member, with the authority to offer and extend memberships, I am proud to let you know that your ghetto pass has been renewed for another year.